If you sense room for improvement on your Magento store but aren’t entirely sure where its shortcomings lie, a Magento site audit is the perfect step to take. We can offer a Magento 1 audit or a Magento 2 audit; our certified developers will thoroughly check your website and pinpoint any issues that exist.
A growing business will often hit a point where they have begun to firmly establish themselves in the market, and higher levels of traffic begins to become a bit too much. If you’re in this position, your online store might begin to throw you some red flags: peak season breakdowns, steep maintenance costs or strained functionalities which weren’t designed for the levels of traffic that you’re experiencing. What are your options?
Merchants will often turn to their hosting provider and upgrade their existing plan, but continue to experience issues; this strategy will address issues from the server perspective or the PHP perspective, but ignores issues which might lie on the Magento side or a combination between the platform and the server/PHP.
From our experience, issues do often lie in the platform or development; whether a simple conflict between two extensions is negatively affecting website performance or more severe issues are affecting the store, which might require code refactoring or server boosters.
If your website is suffering from such issues, Web’s The Word is here to help. Our team of experts will conduct a thorough health checkup, identifying weak spots in your website and doing everything possible to bring performance up to scratch. We have established a reputation that we’re proud of, and our ability to carefully conduct a Magento site audit and detect issues is a big reason for that.
Get in touch to request a Magento site audit today!
Do You Need a Magento Site Audit?
We have worked closely alongside eCommerce businesses for a long time; we understand that merchants don’t want to waste time and money for an audit when it isn’t required, so we won’t tell you that you need one without understanding your position.
We might advise a Magento site audit if:
- You’re Facing Performance Issues, Or Your Website Is Crashing Without An Obvious Cause.
- The Page Load Speed Of Your Website Is Slow.
- You’re Regularly Getting Error Messages.
- Your Store Crashes During Peak Sales Time.
- You Have Recently Launched An Upgraded Store Seen A Drop In Sales.
- You Aren’t Certain That Data On The Website (Including Customers’ Payment Information) Is Entirely Secure.
- You Have Doubts In Mind That An Extension You Are Installing Will Pose A Threat To The Website’s Stability.
- Upgrades Are Not Functioning Appropriately.
- The Website Theme Has Not Been Properly Implemented.
- The Backend Or Admin Of The Website Is Slow And Employees Aren’t Able To Work To Their Full Capacity.
- High Maintenance Fees Are Costing You Too Much Money.
If one or several of the above statements apply to your store, we can help to determine the cause of the issues and fix them. Contact us today!
Benefits of a Magento Site Audit
As part of the process, our experts will do a comprehensive study of your online store with a prioritised list of things to keep an eye out for. We’ll dive into your code with both feet, verifying that it is sound and holds up against coding standards. We’ll review any technical issues that may have prompted to you request an audit and advise you on steps to take to resolve them. We’ll test page load speed, general responsiveness, extensions compatibility among other facets of your website. We’ll provide an audit report based on our findings, advising you on the next steps to take in order to guarantee that you’re getting the most out of your eCommerce store.
Here’s what you can expect from Web’s The Word:
- An Overview Of The Current Condition Of Your Website.
- Every Issue – Major Or Minor – That We Have Identified.
- Potential Security Vulnerabilities That We Have Identified.
- A Plan Of Action To Fix The Identified Issues.
- A Complete Roadmap To Website Optimisation.
- Direction On Following Magento’s Best Practices.
Our Magento Site Audit Services
- Code Audit: While Built On The Same Platform, Every Magento Website Is Unique Down To The Code That Has Been Used On The Back-End. Our Certified Developers Will Conduct A Thorough Code Analysis, Reviewing Every Line Of Code To Check That It Is In Line With Coding Standards And Appropriate Architecture. This Will Give You A Very Good Idea Of What Can Be Improved Or Updated Before It Has A Chance To Cause You Grief Down The Line. Our Code Audit Service Covers:
- Front-End Code Assessment
- Back-End Code Assessment
- A Study Of The Core Files
- Evaluation Of Modules And Extensions
- Performance Audit: Performance Is A Key Part Of The Puzzle That Makes Up Any Website; A Poorly Performing Website Can Significantly Cap The Success And Growth Of Any ECommerce Business. As Part Of Our Performance Audit We’ll Evaluate The Load Speed Of Key Pages On The Website And Look For Any Bad URLs/404 Errors. We’ll Also Think About The User Experience In Regards To Navigation, Design And The Overall Look Of The Website, Offering Any Recommendations That We Have To Improve UX. Our Performance Audit Covers:
- Performance Analysis Across Different Devices And Browsers
- Assessment Of Technical Issues Influencing Page Speed
- Comprehensive Review Of User Navigation And Experience
- Review Of Page Templates
- Security Audit: Guaranteeing A Secure Platform For Your Customers To Purchase Goods From Is Of The Utmost Importance. We Can Find And Report Any Potential Security Issues On Your Website. Our Security Audit Covers:
- Identifying Security Patches Which Should Be Installed.
- Security Issues With Payment Methods.
- Unnecessary Permissions To Files And Folders On The Backend.
- Weak Passwords Which Should Be Updated.
- Server Audit: Issues With Server Configurations Are Another Common Cause Of A Poorly Performing Webstore. Our Experts Will Assess Your Server Settings And Configurations In Detail, Pinpointing Any Problems Which Are Likely To Be Affecting Website Performance And Giving You Suggestions To Solve Such Problems.
What Next After The Audit?
Our audit will come complete with clear instructions in regards to your next steps, and implementing fixes/improvements that we have recommended. They can be implemented by any developer; we’ll present directions clearly so that they can be followed by professionals with the appropriate eCommerce experience. Alternatively, if our team has earned your confidence, it would be our pleasure to implement the improvements ourselves.
Outstanding service and quality of work. They worked very hard and finished work faster than I expected and for less than I had budgeted for. Really do recommend them for your Magento 2 stores.